- How can we feed the world?
- Pig animation – Improved, branched chain design as proper enrichment for pigs
- An essential element of sustainable, circular farming: Integrity & a circular welfare economy
- How would I spend 10 billion to improve the Netherlands? I’d burn it.
- Future of intensive livestock farming: R.I.P?
- Reflection on running science as a business
- How (not) to excel in doing well?
- Publications on AMI sensors
- Comparing overall welfare across species and conditions
- Comparing the welfare needs of poultry, pigs, fish and humans
- animal welfare
- Branched chains
- Disruptive thinking
- Editor responsibilities
- Fattening pigs
- Floor-directed behaviour
- Golden Rule
- Growing pigs
- In memoriam
- Scientific reviewing
- Weaned pigs
- Welfare score
If you like my personal views, you may consider making a donation. It's highly appreciated.
Category Archives: Geen categorie
How would I spend 10 billion € to improve the Netherlands? NRC newspaper asked readers to write a short answer to this question. This is my answer: Seven opinionators already gave their answer (NRC 16 aug, 2017). Each had a … Continue reading
Comparing welfare across species Would it be possible to compare animal welfare across species? I wrote a paper on this subject some time ago (Bracke, 2006). In that paper I made a tentative welfare comparison between conventional farming systems for … Continue reading
What is redirected behaviour, and why is it important? When the normal route is blocked, behaviour may be redirected towards another goal. Such redirected behaviour can both be a welfare sign and a welfare solution. Redirected behaviour The normal path … Continue reading
* PigChase – playing with pigs. Imaginary, futuristic enrichment for pigs