- Pig animation – Improved, branched chain design as proper enrichment for pigs
- An essential element of sustainable, circular farming: Integrity & a circular welfare economy
- How would I spend 10 billion to improve the Netherlands? I’d burn it.
- Future of intensive livestock farming: R.I.P?
- Reflection on running science as a business
- How (not) to excel in doing well?
- Publications on AMI sensors
- Comparing overall welfare across species and conditions
- Comparing the welfare needs of poultry, pigs, fish and humans
- Horror slaughterhouse to be memorial centre of compassion?
- animal welfare
- Branched chains
- Disruptive thinking
- Editor responsibilities
- Fattening pigs
- Floor-directed behaviour
- Golden Rule
- Growing pigs
- In memoriam
- Scientific reviewing
- Weaned pigs
- Welfare score
If you like my personal views, you may consider making a donation. It's highly appreciated.
Category Archives: Science
Would it be proper to run a scientific institute as a business, or would it be a category mistake? Category mistake A category mistake is a rather fundamental mistake concerning the true nature of a concept. An example would be … Continue reading
This is a short list of scientific publications in which I have used AMI sensors. AMI stands for animal material interactions. AMI sensors can take various shapes and forms. In some way or other AMI sensors record the amount of … Continue reading
Proposal for a student project to quantify feeding motivation This is a ‘recipe’ for a great student project aimed at quantifying feeding motivation of deer in a deer-park. Recipe by: Marc Ingredients In order to run this project you need … Continue reading
Abstract Scientists object to the suggestion that pigs may be playing with toys like metal chains in their pen. In ordinary language, however, it is perfectly fine to use the word play for such animal-material interaction. Apparently, the word ‘play’ … Continue reading